CONTACT US TODAY

Tel: 807-344-0080

Fax: 807-344-3332

nland@tbaytel.net

Funding

There are multiple sources of funding for prosthetics in Ontario. Once it is determined that you are a prosthetic candidate, the Amputee Clinic will apply for funding available through the Government of Ontario. The Assistive Devices Program (ADP) is a branch of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, and can be accessed if you have a valid OHIP card, have long-term disability and require the device for daily living. The ADP will generally cover up to 75% of the cost of your prosthesis. The remaining 25% is the responsibility of the patient. There are some component parts that are not eligible for ADP funding, in which case 100% of the cost of these components is the responsibility of the patient. The prosthetist can provide an estimate of costs for you prior to beginning any work.

There are a number of programs that can assist with the remaining 25% cost that the patient is responsible for. For patients who are covered by Ontario Works, the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), have an Indian Status card, or are covered by insurance, all or part of your prosthetic costs will likely be covered. If you have no other coverage and finances are tight, we can assist you in applying for the War Amps Adult Prosthetic Program, which will contribute towards the purchase of your prosthesis.

See below for a full list of potential funding sources. You must meet all eligibility requirements and qualify for funding for each of these funding sources.

  • Assistive Devices Program (ADP)
  • Workers Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
  • Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) – Department of Indian Affairs
  • Ontario Works (OW)
  • War Amps of Canada
  • Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Champs Program

 

All new amputees require multiple fittings and multiple prosthetic sockets in the first year following amputation, due to significant changes in the residual limb. Each time a prosthetic socket is changed, there will be a cost associated. Unfortunately no funding is available for prosthetic supplies such as prosthetic socks and lubricating lotions or balms.

LINKS

Slippery Boots: Most winter footwear fails test of walking on ice

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/winter-boots-tested-ice-1.3867531

The Digital Age

Northland Prosthetics and Orthotics Inc. is proud to announce that we have invested in CAD CAM technology for our facility.  Our company has acquired a TecMed3D white light laser scanner and Rodin4D digital carver for the practice.  It is our hope in doing so that we can speed up our production thereby reducing turn around times and delivering our products to our clients faster.

45975b_344ba90cce124913905c5aac72d00931 logo

Our Services are Expanding!

As of January 2016 Northland Prosthetics is now offering custom orthotic services! We have rolled out our new name, and are now equipped to provide custom orthotic devices ranging from foot orthotics to upper and lower extremity bracing. Phone to book an assessment with Val for your orthotic needs.

Prosthetics in the News

This local news article highlights some of the bureaucratic issues behind prosthetic and orthotic funding in Ontario.

Artificial Limb Users See Burden of Red Tape

First Genium Knee Fitting

Our C-Leg certification has advanced! Our first patient to be fit with a Genium waterproof microprocessor knee is loving his new leg.